ARO Rafting adventures resumed in April!
For the most part, our 2020 COVID-19 plan worked well. In 2021, we tweaked our procedures a bit to create less wait time for our guests, while still working to minimize the risk of exposure for our guests and staff.
Our COVID-19 plan:
UPDATE 5/29/21 Both the CDC and NY State have changed their guidelines for fully vaccinated people.
At this point we are beginning to take reservations for trips launching after June 18 from vaccinated guests, who are comfortable being in a raft with other vaccinated guests.
If take you are unvaccinated, or want the additional protection afforded by not being mixed with other groups, you should make a reservation for a private raft.
Private rafts also provide the luxury of having a guide and raft exclusively for your family or group/
We are following all CDC and NY State protocols as they evolve.
Procedures to diminish contagious contact:
- Private rafts will have only your group and a guide.
- Groups of vaccinated guests making individual reservations may be mixed in a raft
- Distance will be maintained between private raft groups at the base, put in, and on the river.
- Masks will be required on the bus. Masks can be stored in labeled bags for retrieval after the trip.
- We will monitor employee health for fevers and respiratory symptoms, and if illness is suspected we will follow the CDC guidelines.
- If anyone in your group develops a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19, or is in contact with someone with COVID-19, please cancel or reschedule their trip.
- Life jackets, wetsuits, and helmets, will be disinfected.
- Hand washing and/or sanitizing stations will be available throughout the facility, on buses, and on rafts.
We ask that when you visit us you respect our procedures and policies for the safety of our guests and staff. We look forward to rafting with you!
* What is a “group?” That is something YOU define. It could be your household, or multiple households consisting of extended family or friends in regular contact. It could be people that are part of a larger work group or organization that already interacts together on a regular basis, and is comfortable being in contact with one another. You define the groups and we work to keep them separate.